Why Transfer to DVD?
Home Videos Are Hard to Watch on Videotape
- Videotapes degrade with time; the average lifespan of a videotape is 20 years.
- Each time you view, rewind and fast-forward your videotape in your VCR, it slowly breaks down.
- A videotape may degrade to the point that it may no longer be viewable.
- It is becoming very difficult to find a VCR that still works.
- Connecting your old camcorder to your TV to watch your home videos is very inconvenient.
- Rewinding and fast-forwarding to find favorite scenes takes too much time.
Movie Film Reels and Projectors Are Obsolete
- Family films have been passed from one generation to the next, but they have not been stored using the correct archival and preservation methods.
- Film reels have degrade because of weather, dust and natural causes.
- Home movie projectors are almost completely extinct.
- When running old film through a projector you can break or burn the old film.
- Many family members have not even had the chance to watch those old family movies because they don't have a working projector.
Let Costco 1-Hour Photo help you watch your home videos again.
- Easily watch your videos on your TV, computer, or online with Memory Share.
- Go directly to the scenes you want to view.
- Eliminate the worry that your family memories could fade away.